Clos du Bois

 

Name: Clos du Bois

Variety: Sauvignon Blanc

Country and Region: Sonoma County, California

Year: 2019

Winery Review: Pale straw, very aromatic, Meyer Lemon aromas and white grapefruit, gooseberry, delicate florals, lemongrass and grapefruit flavors with a hint of minerality, lively juicy fruit, crisp, long refreshing finish. This refreshing Sauvignon Blanc pairs well with light fare from all seasons—especially shellfish and salads.

Wine Folly Page 759: A herbaceous flavored wine that is derived from a compound called methoxypyrazines. It pairs well with herby sauces, salty cheese, light meat, and asian food. This wine is characterized by a high acidic taste. You will get hints of passion fruit, white peach, grapefruit, honeydew, and gooseberry. France, New Zealand, and Chile are the leaders in growing this grape.

My review: I was pretty indifferent on this wine. I definitely smelled and tasted the fruitiness that the label and wine folly mentioned, however it quickly disappeared after going down my throat. I could then taste the acidic component that this wine carries. I actually tried this wine with a chicken dish as well as a shrimp dish. I preferred the shrimp pairing much more, which lines up with wine folly’s recommendation. I would recommend this wine if paired with a shellfish dish.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Artie Review

Caras de Los Andes

Grape wagon