Alamos Malec Review

 




Name: Alamos Malbec 

Variety: Malbec Grapes

Country and Region: Mendoza, Argentina

Year: 2020


Winery Review: Alamos Malbec offers layers of dark cherry and blackberry and a velvety mouthfeel. Aromas of violet intertwine with spice and vanilla, while balanced tannins create a velvety mouthfeel and expansive finish. This Malbec delivers a complex fine red wine that pairs beautifully with a wide range of cuisine and goes beyond the expected.

Wine Folly Page 534: Malbec is Argentina's most important grape variety, which came about by France, where they name it Cot. It contains a dark fruity and chocolate aftertaste. It is a great drink alongside leaner red meats as well as melted Blue Cheese. It is predominantly grown in Argentina, but also is grown in Australia in good quantities. 

My Review: This wine had such a bold aroma before I even tasted it. I could smell the dark fruity component, but not so much the chocolate aftertaste. It was not until I tried it that I could taste the chocolate. This wine left almost a burning sensation on the front of my throat that lasted for a couple minutes. This is definitely not my type of wine, as I prefer more fruity tasting wines. This wine was very dry, but it was strange because I could smell the fruit more than I could taste it. I could definitely imagine this wine being consumed with a meaty dish like pork chops. I would not buy this again.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Artie Review

Caras de Los Andes